Katryna wrote this great letter to the editor of the Woodstock Times about the Garden Share Working Group’s new Seed Library that is now available at the Woodstock Library. Take a look at the letter by clicking the link below.
Here is a Letter to the Woodstock Times editor, that Jarred Williams and Lala Bhakti authored. It summarizes the Garden Share Working Group’s planning of their vision and hopes for 2015.
This list features all of information of the Publications we use to let people know of events, etc.,
* Woodstock Transition’s Calendar [on this site] – Send requests to Kirk Ritchey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Woodstock Transition’s Facebook page – send links to Polly Howells at: email@example.com
* Woodstock Times Letter to the Editor: Due Tuesday by 11:00 AM – two (2) days before release date (Thursday). Send to the editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Woodstock Times Calendar Listing: Due Thursday by 12:00 noon – seven (7) days before release date (Thursday). Send to Donna Keefe at email@example.com
* Woodstock Times Press Release: Due Tuesday by 11:00 AM – two (2) days before release date (Thursday). Send to the editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Woodstock Times Press Release format example: Press Release Format
* Woodstock Radio (WDST) Calendar of Events: Go to radiowoodstock.com/calendar and follow instructions
* Country Wisdom News: A monthly publication. Send submissions by the 15th of prior month: email@example.com / Mail: PO Box 444 Accord, NY 12404
* Chronogram Magazine: A monthly publication. Send submissions to their calendar by the 15th of prior month: chronogram.com/submitevent or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* MannaJo Green’s Email List: For instructions: Format for Mannajo
* Woodstock Transition has over 500 subscribers to its email list. Typically sending to this list is limited and selected by the Publicity and Outreach Working Group. Send your submission to Caroline Ritchey at email@example.com
Volunteer for a shift at Woodstock Farm Festival either 3:00-5:30 or 5:30-8:00
Contact Joy Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org or 679-6415
WOW is collaborating with the Woodstock Farm Festival to separate all organic waste generated each Wednesday for transport to the UCRRA composting facility.
Organic waste generated includes vegetable and other food scraps, such as meat, fish, dairy, shells, bones, nutshells, plus food-soiled paper (i.e. coffee filters, teabags, soiled paper bags, paper towels, pizza boxes…). Bring your waste in compostable bags only.
Woodstock Town will separate Organic Waste at the Summer Recreation Program, and the four annual Town events, Martin Luther King Day, Volunteers Day, Thanksgiving Dinner, and Christmas Dinner.
Starting Wednesday, June 18, 2014, and throughout the season of the Woodstock Farm Festival, the community will now be able to bring their home food scraps where it will be transported to Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency’s (UCCRA) commercial composting facility in Kingston.
Read more here: 06-12-14 WOW letter
On Wednesady, June 18th at Oriole 9, from 5:30 – 6:30 NYSERDA & Lighhouse Solar will introduce incentives and rebates available to business & commercial property owners aimed to increase energy efficiency and reduce energy bills. The event is free. For more information click the link below.
RSVP: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
On June 14th, Garden Share Working Group members will be honored and acknowledged for their group’s accomplishments and successes in the past year at Woodstock Tranistion’s Annual Celebration, at Andy Lee Field. The event will also include live music, potluck picnic, and a seed & plant swap. The event will be from 1:00-5:00 PM. Bring your own plates and utensils, please.
Prior to the event please visit the Woodstock Garden Club’s Yearly Plant Sale at Sunflower’s parking lot from 9:00-12 noon.
Sunday 5/25, the Publicity & Community Outreach WG met to plan the second half of 2014 events.
The Working Group Council invites and welcomes members of affiliated groups, WNYT Supporters, and Observers to come to any WGC meeting as non-voting guests.